These are my folding instructions for making money origami, or Moneygami! This is the basic one dollar money origami ring which you will be able to create with this guide. The money origami ring is probably one of the easiest / coolest origami creations you can make in just a few minutes. Sometimes these types of guides can be a little confusing and the origami ring can come out a bit “off”, like the $1 dollar symbol not being on the top, so I have tried to make this free guide as clear as possible so you can easily learn how to make a money origami ring, and then show it off to your friends!
Below is a picture of the materials you need (just a dollar bill) and what you will have made after using these origami instructions.
- The first step is to just fold the very bottom of the dollar bill back a little (see picture below so you know how much to fold it back.)
- Now fold the dollar bill in half, leaving a tiny bit of space at the bottom.
- The third step is to fold the bill in half again, and then make another small fold at the right side of the bill. Basically just folding in the white part. (For future reference, the end of the bill that has been folded will be called F, for folded; and the other side of the bill will be called R, for regular ie. not folded.)
- Take the R side of the bill and fold it up as seen in the picture below. Make sure that the bill makes a ninety degree angle, and that it is folded up at the N in One.
- Now basically make the same fold one more time, folding this part of the bill to the right (see picture).
- Now flip over the bill so that it matches the one in the image.
- Now roll the bill around your finger to make it look like the picture seven and eight
- Same instructions as in seven.
- Now fold the R end across the bill.
- Now fold the F end across the one dollar bill.
- The last step is to fold the R end under the ring (so it is not seen), and to secure the F end by latching in the part that was initially folded. For clarification look at the pictures below.
That is it, you have now know how to make your very own money origami ring!
Hopefully these folding instructions are very clear, I think that they are relatively easy to understand. If something is not clear, and or you have a suggestion for how to make this guide better; just leave a comment here. Thanks, and enjoy your new origami ring!
Tags: 31 Comments